Train travel (tourism tourist train tram Guidance)
Guidance sightseeing train
Depart 1.Kagoshima Chuo Station – 2.Tenmonkan-dori (ascending) – 3.Izuro-dori – 4.Kagoshima Station – (10 minute break) – 5.Suizokukan-guchi (Kagoshima Aquarium) – 2.Tenmonkan-dori – Takamibaba – 6.Takenohashi – Kishaba – Kōrimoto – 7.Junshingakuen-mae – 8.Shinden (Kotsukyoku-mae) – 9.Shiritsubyoin-mae – Arrive at 1.Kagoshima Chuo Station
1. Starting point for the Shinkansen trains, which run up to Hakodate, Hokkaido; statue of the Satsuma Students
2. A former astronomical observatory, it is now the largest shopping arcade in Southern Kyushu
3. Izuro stone lantern, Statue of Ryoma and O-ryu
4. First station on the Kagoshima Main and Nippo Main Lines
5. Sakurajima Ferry Terminal, and Kagoshima Aquarium Io World
6. Mouth of the Kotsuki River, Kinko Bay, and the best view of Sakurajima
7. Statue of the Virgin Mary8~9 Transportation Bureau facilities, Uearata-cho Mori Park, Kagoshima City Hospital
|Trip Length||Approximately 70 minutes|
|Trip Times and Dates||
1. Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays at 10:00 AM and 11:10 AM (2 trips a day)
※Boarding passes will be handed out 15 minutes prior to departure at Kagoshima Chuo
※For the time being, from December 2016 there will be no weekday operation. (It is possible to use a reserved train.)
Adult \340 Child \160 (This is the roundtrip cost
(※Customers boarding at Kagoshima Station will pay; Adult \170, Children \80. Please pay when boarding.
30 people in order of arrival (trams equipped with 23 seats)※When boarding at Tenmonkan (ascending) and Kagoshima Station, there is a chance that the tram will be full, or have already reached capacity.
Customers may board at Kagoshima Chuo Station, Tenmonkan-dori (ascending), and Kagoshima Station only.After departing Kagoshima Station, customers may get off at any stop between Sakurajima-sanbashi-dori and Kagoshima Chuo Station. If you wish to get off at any of these stops, please let the volunteer guide know before departing Kagoshima Station.
|Wheelchair Accessibility||The trains are equipped with slopes for wheelchair accessibility. Before boarding, please contact the Train Division (099-257-2116) if you will require assistance.|
Service may be suspended in the case that service days overlap with events such as the Ohara Festival, or that there is a train inspection.Please contact the Kagoshima City Transportation Bureau Train Division with any questions or concerns.
Sightseeing around Kagoshima City on city trams
Tram stops between Kagoshima Chuo Station and Kagoshima Station and surrounding facilities.
〒890-0055 Kagoshima City, Ue-arata-cho37-20, TEL 099-257-2116